Tuesday, December 21, 2010

When It All Started....Part 2.

    Well, this is a continuation from the previous topic that i wrote earlier. Obviously, when the GTi was stolen 2002, i was without a car for almost 2 years. Mostly i hitch a ride from friends and occasionally borrowed my mum's car. It was definitely a hard moment for me when i struggled a little bit trying to get around, hanging out with friends and going places. None the less, i still can managed it all with or without a car. I took busses ( which i rarely do ) to go from point "A" to point "B". It was rather an exciting experience for me ( Haha ).
    Lets keep the long story short shall we. I think it was the moment i occasionally bring home a friend's car is when my dad decided it was time for me to get a car. I mean, i managed with mum's car after awhile, but then she's got her business of her own to be taken care of. I was excited at that time but...inside my head, what car will be next after the GTi?
    I then decided to do a little bit of a research of my own, to find out what car was the best for me. I mean, in terms with the current financial status at that time, i could only afford a car that is below 90k. In which....the financial minister ( my dad ) will certainly be behind my arse all of the time. Among the options were, a Honda Civic EK 4, or the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 7. A Mitsu Evo 7 costs around 170-180k at that time ( Oh btw, this event occurs around the year 2004 ). So, my dad and I went for a little "car shopping".We browse through various places in KL looking for the cars.We ended up stumbling upon this shop, ( Ming Heng ) which is in located in Setapak. There's a couple of Mitsubishi Evo 7 up for sale. The first one that i've looked was a basic Evo 7, white in color and the other one is a full spec black Evo 7 which comes with a sunroof. The one that i mostly admired was the black colored Mitsu. The car was superb in condition, i mean what else would you want in a car. 

    We've test drive the Mitsu along with the salesman and my dad decided to take us to Genting Sempah via the Karak Highway.

     It was an unforgetable moment when i for the first time drove the Mitsu. The acceleration was great,the handling of the car overall satisfy me. But being a sports car, it has hard suspension which my dad wasn't a great fan of. After a successful test drive, we went home and my dad told me that he will discuss this matter with my mum which i know what are the outcomes will be. As expected, he told me that i am not yet ready to get this car since I'm still studying. They are afraid that it will be effecting my overall performance in studying in the future. I respected the decision that my parents made although I feel a little bit heartbroken cause i didn't get the car. To be continued......

No comments:

Post a Comment